To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Four key characteristics define the essence of a Boys & Girls Club. Each are critical in exerting a positive impact on the life of a child:
- DEDICATED YOUTH FACILITIES– Boys & Girls Clubs are places–actual neighborhood-based buildings–designed solely for youth programs and activities
- OPEN WHEN KIDS NEED US MOST– The Clubs are open weekdays after school and during the summer when kids have free time and need positive, productive outlets.
- TRAINED, PROFESSIONAL STAFF– Every Club is directed by trained youth development professionals who act as role models and mentors to members. Volunteers provide key supplementary support.
- AVAILABLE AND AFFORDABLE TO ALL YOUTH – For a $25/year annual membership, any child between the ages of 5 and 18 can become a Club member. We do not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or income.
More Than an Afterschool Program...
We don’t offer day care services. Our focus is helping all young people succeed through curriculum based targeted programs and high yield activities designed to help Members reach our Priority Outcomes: ACADEMIC SUCCESS, GOOD CHARACTER & CITIZENSHIP, and HEALTHY LIFESTYLES We invite you to visit one of our Clubs during program hours to see first-hand what an Outcome-Driven Club Experience looks like.
What do Boys & Girls Clubs look like locally?
- Over 3,400 kids came to a Boys & Girls Club of Middle Tennessee last year – 2,571 of whom were registered members
- Average Daily Attendance: Summer = 500; School Year = 375
Boys & Girls Club Code
I believe in God and the right to worship according to my own faith and religion; I believe in America and the American way of life; the Constitution, and Bill of Rights; I believe in Fair Play, Honesty, and Sportsmanship; I believe in my Boys & Girls Club which stands for these things.